Nvidia GT-730, an entry level vga card from NVIDIA that will (probably) work for my hackintosh Labels: geforce, graphics, hackintosh, nvidia - SO-greetZ -

Friday, September 23, 2016

Nvidia GT-730, an entry level vga card from NVIDIA that will (probably) work for my hackintosh

last month, i found out why my system won't run hackintosh. It have a compatibility problem with my onboard graphic card. I found out the problem after i borrow some used graphic card from my friend and test it to run the installer on my system. Now, i'm searching for a suitable graphic card replacement for my system. Because my current system used a slim mini tower casing and its power supply is only 300W, the suitable graphic card for my spec is NVIDIA GT 730 with kepler architecture.



Nvidia GT 730 with kepler architecture comes with three variant, a 2GB DDR3, 1GB GDDR5 and 2GB GDDR5. All Nvidia GT 730  use around 25W power and its PSU recomendation is 300W which fit perfectly with my current system. It also support low profile bracket which is also needed by my current casing. For graphic performance, Nvidia Geforce gt 730 scores 900 on G3D mark which i think good enough for my daily use. Nvidia GT 730 have 384 unified shader cores, 16 texture mapping units and 8 render output units. Base core clock for this card is at 902 Mhz. Nvidia Geforce GT 730 support directx 11.0,  openGL 4.5, and openCL 1.2.

I think this graphic card is the best choice for my hackintosh build. Here's some other alternative that i choose for my hackintosh build, but most of them require a higher power supply.

1. Nvidia Geforce GT 740
2. Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti