Testing Hackintosh installer on my old pentium D system Labels: amd, hackintosh, intel, macintosh, motherboard, pentium - SO-greetZ -

Friday, August 12, 2016

Testing Hackintosh installer on my old pentium D system

Last month, i tried to install hackintosh Yosemite on my AMD based PC, and didn't succeeded. Yesterday, as i cleaned up my room, i found my old Pentium D system with only 512 MB ram.  While i was cleaning my PC, suddenly the thought of trying to run the hackintosh installer comes to my mind. So i plugged my USB installer, then turn it on. The result is surprising...


It turns out that my old pentium D PC is capable of running the installer.

Hackintosh Yosemite Installer runs on Pentium D with 512 MB RAM

I never thought that my old pentium D PC could run the installer, but i was mistaken. My old Pentium D used P4M800P7MA motherboard from foxconn. The memory it used was 512 MB of DDR2 RAM, with this specs, i doubt the performance of the OS if i install it on my pentium D PC. For now, i know that my yosemite installer could run on my old pentium D PC, but if i want to make it work, i should search for more memory. At least it need 4 GB of DDR2 memory and probably a better graphic card, not just onboard card which i currently used in my test.

Anyway... here's another pic of the installer....
Hackintosh Yosemite Installer run on Pentium D with 512 MB RAM